Joint Service Open House 2001
Andrews Air Force Base
My first air show. Would have been perfect if it hadn't kept
raining off and on. Because of the clouds and the rain, the
ceiling was only 500 feet...that put a huge damper on the
air show since many of the 'acts' decided not to fly.
There were a lot of planes, but here are the only ones I
took pictures of (ALL photos on this page were taken by me,
Lynellen D. S. Perry. You're welcome to use them in any
way... just host it on your own site.):
- NOAA hurrican hunter wing,
of hurricanes the plane has flown through.
- VQ-1 EP-3E on static display: nose,
- The EC-130 is an Air Force plane that flies
psychological warfare missions. The plane is basically a flying
transmission station (video, audio, you name it and they can
transmit it). You probably can't see it too well, but the outer
pods are antenaes, the inner pods are fuel tanks, the wings on
the tail are antennas too. Rear,
- C-5 Galaxy. You wouldn't believe
how huge this thing is.
- The C-17 is another heavy-lift transporter.
- F-117 Stealth Fighter: nose,
This plane was guarded by armed soldiers.
- The 82nd Airborne did a cool jump
from about 500 feet... there were
four layers of parachutes in the air at once.
Return to Lynellen's Home Page